We value your support in prayer (we need them!) and ask that you would consider regularly partnering with us in prayer. Prayer requests will be regularly posted. Please let us know how we can pray for you (please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Current Requests: (As of 4/2019)
- For the recent baptism of Haruna san. Please pray for her growth as a new Christian, and for her two children who were also baptized.
- For the 6 recent graduates of Christ Bible Seminary. Pray for their future ministry work in Japan.
- For God’s faithful provision for our family in Japan, as February 2019 marked our fourth year anniversary.
- For God’s continued work in Japan through Christ Bible Seminary, Japanese churches, and in personal relationships.
- Church & Ministry:
- Christ Bible Seminary (CBS)- Damon teach Pentateuch this fall term and Psalms & Wisdom in the winter. Please pray for Damon this spring as he prepares for these classes.
- Bible studies and ministry to women: YM has been involved with two Bible studies. Please pray that these women will grow in their knowledge of God. (To respect privacy, names and details will not be shared.)
- In addition, YM has been ministering to a young lady with spiritual difficulties. Please pray for this lady’s continued growth in the Lord.
- Aliya & Mikayla
- Spiritual Well-Being: Please pray that our girls will grow in faith and trust in God, and remember that God is always with them and will take care of them.
- Japanese Elementary School:
- Please pray with us for the next school year (which starts in April), that they will be blessed with teachers who show favor to them, continued friendships with classmates, and growth in their studies in Japanese.
- English: Please pray that Aliya and Mikayla will become proficient in reading and writing and catch up to the right level.
- Spiritual Well-being – pray for each of us to be grounded in the gospel of Christ, dependent on God, and mindful of him throughout each day.
- Marriage – pray for unity, growth in, and protection of our marriage.
- Parenting – pray for wisdom and guidance in raising our girls to love and depend on Jesus.
- Financial Need – we are in need of additional financial support. Pray that the Lord will provide the necessary funds through various supporters, and for us to trust in his good provision.
- Girls’ English Education – pray that the girls will soon catch up in their English ability to be at grade level. Pray for the continued provision of a tutor(s).
- Health – for good health for the family. Specifically for YM who struggles with insomnia.
- Continued Japanese acquisition – learning Japanese will be a life-long journey for us, but pray for perseverance and continued notable growth in our Japanese ability.
- Upcoming Furlough – this summer, our family will be taking our first furlough from July 13 — August 23.